Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Busy day.

Probably little posting today and tomorrow - though being in Ottawa pays off, for once: Carleton has been having a series of lectures from the staff of the Japanese embassy, and I'll be attending this week's lecture from the defense attache tomorrow. I'll take notes, does anyone have any questions they'd like to ask? I already intend to ask about Japan's reasons for signing on to the US Missile Defense program, despite the concerns Europe and Canada have about nuclear proliferation. So does anyone have any other issues they're curious about?

Japan, by the way, has territorial disputes with every single one of it's neighbours, largely stemming from Japan's policy a while back of attacking every single one of it's neighbours. Who knew the Chinese, Koreans, and Russians were so prickly about millions of dead Chinese, Koreans and Russians? For some reason, I've decided to write like Jacob Two-Two. Moving on...

My class on post-soviet Russia is very interesting, and I'll try and find some time to write about that soon.

No comments: