Thursday, January 13, 2005

For those who haven't been paying attention....

The US finally called off it's search for WMD in Iraq yesterday, only a day after CBS published it's investigations in to the screw ups in their Bush-National Guard story. For a valuable comparison of costs and consequences to such monumental fuckups, see The Poor Man.

Long story short: CBS is officially more responsible than the Bush White House. But then again, there are days when I think a drunken frat party is more responsible than the Bush White House.

It's amazing, you know. I could have made some sweet money if I'd gone with my instincts and started taking bets in March 2003 that not a single WMD would ever be found. But fortune favours the bold, and alas, I doubted myself. I thought, "Well, who in their right mind would commit to a war without the possibility of a threat?" It all seemed so implausible...

No comments: