- Pseudo-science deployed against wind power is crap.
- You know how I knew that the National Post's Lawrence Solomon wrote a crappy hit piece that dishonestly portrayed a legit science article? Because it was written by the Post's Lawrence Solomon.
- The Republican Party faces a whole bunch of structural problems.
- Given the news that the BP well cap failed and had to be replaced today, it's worth saying that it might be entirely unfixable.
- Hey, genetic engineering fungus to help rice yields. I am ambivalent on GM foods as a concept, but always on the lookout for specific examples that look promising.
- I am cautiously optimistic about the capacity of aquaculture to feed people in the future, and entirely, hopelessly pessimistic about its capacity to save wild fish. In any case, here's a NYT article about the soon-to-be-extinct tuna, and here's the MP3 link to a Quirks and Quarks piece about fish farming.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Jesus, I'm a lazy blogger.