Monday, May 09, 2005

Yet More Scifi Blogging

The Star has an interesting article on the failure of Enterprise, complete with a quote from Jolene Blalock - who I swear is the smartest person on that cast.
Or, to again quote Blalock from that same Star interview, "We started out with 13 million viewers on the pilot, and we somehow managed to drive 11 million of them away."
Okay, that doesn't make her a genius, but I've read Maxim articles (shut up, you do it too) where she's quoting Stephen Hawking. Stephen fricking Hawking. In Maxim!!! Anyway. You'll need to log in for the article. But I love this lame defense from Enterprise's producers:
"You know," concluded Berman, "lots of television shows, good and bad, don't go right and it's hard to tell. I mean, there are a lot of people who criticize us for saying what I'm about to say, but I do believe that there was some degree of fatigue with the franchise.
Some fatigue? Christ, Star Trek makes Donald Trump look modest.

A few years without a TV series or movie might do the franchise some good. Hell, I think we could all use a decade or so without Trek.

1 comment:

Flocons said...

A decade without Star Trek? Illogical!