Sunday, March 30, 2008

My 10-word review of 21

Making a sexy math movie is hard. Kate Bosworth helps.

We've got a new theatre here in downtown Toronto, and they're offering students from my university free admission on weekends or something. So after work I went in and saw 21, which isn't very good. But the theatre itself is interesting. All the theaters have digital projection, and the resolution is good enough that I didn't notice the difference between them and celluloid except during one particularly fast-moving shot when there was some motion blur. (YMMV.) What I did notice was the lack of cue marks. Somewhere, George Lucas is happy.

1 comment:

celestialspeedster said...

I enjoyed free movies at that AMC, too! Ryerson U is really turning itself into a fun fair what with using that AMC for lecture halls and taking over the Sam the Record Man building.

And thanks for updating your link to my blog. That probably doubles my visitor count to 2.