Monday, March 12, 2007

Ralph, why must you turn my office in to a house of lies?

It would be nice if the people who keep claiming -- as loudly as possible -- that there's still this yawning chasm of debate about global weirding would, um, stop lying.
n the part of the "Swindle" film where I am describing the fact that the ocean tends to expel carbon dioxide where it is warm, and to absorb it where it is cold, my intent was to explain that warming the ocean could be dangerous---because it is such a gigantic reservoir of carbon. By its placement in the film, it appears that I am saying that since carbon dioxide exists in the ocean in such large quantities, human influence must not be very important --- diametrically opposite to the point I was making --- which is that global warming is both real and threatening in many different ways, some unexpected.

No comments: