Thursday, October 19, 2006

2050?

This government isn't going to last until the end of 2007, and they want me to believe that they're capable of setting policies that will last until 2050?

Please.

On the plus side, Canadian politics being what it is, the Conservatives have just effectively defined the minimum possible environmental policies for the Liberals. The onus is now going to be on the Liberals to bring in something tougher than this steaming pile. That, I can live with.

As an aside, this is possibly the worst picture of Rona Ambrose that I've ever seen, which helps me dislike her:



Anyway, we should all join the Ten Tonne Challenge - even you, Olaf.

2 comments:

Olaf said...

As an aside, this is possibly the worst picture of Rona Ambrose that I've ever seen, which helps me dislike her

If I may be inclined to completely distort your comment, I am officially accusing you of judging a woman's worth on her attractiveness. For shame, John, as we say in the house.

Good point on the "setting a standard to be bested" by the Liberals, or, God forbid, the NDP. Very good point. See, the Conservatives are thinking long term, and placing a coy minimum bet!

Olaf said...

Also,

Since the one-tonne challenge was such an unmitigated success, I'd be remiss to not join in the ten-tonne challenge. Or would I be 99% of the population... not sure.