Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I Hate Canadian Nazis

I never expected much from the Western Standard except virulent anti-Islamic screeds, but even I have to confess to being surprised at this:
EVEN THE SLIME MUSLIMS WE SEE HERE IN CANADA NOW WEARING HIJABS, BURKAS, STICKING THEIR ASSES IN THE AIR AT THEIR SMELLY HOT MOSQUES THAT ARE ALLOVER THE COUNTRY INCLUDING OUR TAXPAYER FUNDED UNIVERSITIES WHO EVEN HAVE MUSLIM PROFESSORS SPREADING THEIR HATE AS WELL. THEY ARE BREEDING LIKE RATS HERE TOO. WHY DOI WE NEED IMMIGRANTS ANYWAY? BECAUSE LEFT SAYS A BUNCH OF BULLSH-- LIES? LOOK WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO OUR TRAFFIC, OUR HOUSING COSTS, OUR WAY OF LIFE, THE SECURITY MEASURES WE ALL FACE, THE WORRIES ABOUT OUR SAFETY, THE AMERICAN BORDER THAT AROUND THE YEAR 2000 THEY WERE PLANNING TO ABOLISH THOSE BORDER STOPS BETWEEN THE 2 COUNTRIES, OUR PLANE FLIGHT WASTE OF TIME BECAUSE OF THESE MUSLIMS,TORONTO PLANNED BOMBINGS,RESSAM, ETC. ETC, ETC---SORRY BUT WE DONT NEED THEM AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE. HOW MANY WERE BORN TODAY HERE OR MAYBE IN LEBAON THAT ARE NOW CANADIAN/MUSLIMS?
KICK THEM ALL OUT! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! DONT HIRE THEM!
Straight out of Kristallnacht. I've excerpted this piece, but I haven't edited anything or even, you'll notice, corrected the spelling.

If I were a Conservative, I'd want to dissociate myself from these people, fast. These are posts on a prominent partisan Conservative magazine's website, not some troll bait in a random bloggers comment thread.

But maybe if I were a Conservative, I'd be used to this crap by now. Because looking through the most recent posts at the Blogging Tories website, I see a whole lot of really nasty, nasty rhetoric. Even the not-horrible stuff is apparently unselfconscious about their rhetoric. Joanne's Journey posts this little nugget about divided loyalties:
What bothers me though, is this issue of dual citizenship. How is it possible to declare allegiance to two different countries? When push comes to shove, which one would you choose? And how would you not bring your attitudes and prejudices from one country to the next? How can you park those feelings of anger at the border?
I want to specifically say that Joanne is not remotely comparable to the stuff I quoted above in terms of the outright racism and hatred. But if the right is going to criticize the left for anti-Semitism (read the Blogging Tories site to see how popular that is) then maybe, just maybe they should read about other groups who've had to answer questions about their "divided loyalties".

And let me ask this: I don't remember the 1980s all that well, and I wasn't alive for the 1970s, but I also don't remember learning in school about the cries to expell the Irish during the Troubles. The Irish in Canada and the US donated considerable sums - to put it mildly - to keep the IRA in business. This was common knowledge. There were, in short, at least as many reasons to question the loyalties of the Irish in Canada. So can somebody offer a non-skin-tone-based explanation for why the Irish were welcome, but the Muslims aren't?

3 comments:

Flocons said...

I dunno. I find it hard to dismiss his arguments, since they were all made in CAP LOCKS. As we all know, cap locks are the standard communications format of certified MENSA geniuses.

Anonymous said...

It certainly is refreshing to read the other side for a change instead of the hold hands everybody while Nero plays his Liberal fiddle for you, drool.

Anonymous said...

Some People are Nucking Futs, while other are pragmatic, look at the facts and surmise that there is a massive state of dissequilibrium in the world that can only be set right with a massive shift in the political and economic equilibrium.