Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sigh of Despair

Well, this is depressing.
TORONTO (CP) - Nuclear power may be the best option to fulfil Ontario's future electricity needs, despite its obvious downsides - including Chornobyl-type accidents and radioactive waste, Premier Dalton McGuinty said Wednesday.

Natural gas is too expensive, wind power is unreliable, coal plants pollute the air and Ontario's hydroelectric potential has largely been maxed out - leaving nuclear power expansions "on the table" for the province, McGuinty said.
Regulars will know that I think this is the wrong call. I don't know what more I can say that I haven't said before, ad nauseam.

1 comment:

susansmith said...

We will not have Chornobyl-type accidents as we do not have the same reactor system -Candu. That said, I would like a better mix and less energy consumption, along with alternate increase in cleaner energy sources.