Saturday, December 10, 2005

'Tis the Season, II

I'll be off to work in my retail sector job in a few minutes, but I'd like to point out that I'll be saying either "happy holidays" or nothing at all to people who come to the till. I will do this in spite of the fact that I was screeched at last Christmas by a woman insisting that I apparently hated the baby Jesus.

Because obviously that's the only possible explanation. Not that, say, I don't want to offend the many Jews and Muslims who come in to the store. Nor could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that there are a number of holidays in the December-January period. And it certainly couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm "happy" that I'm getting time off - or "holidays" - at Christmas.

The influence of nutbars like Bill O'Reilly on other nutbars is greater than we think. Don't think it isn't.

Oh, and in case you missed it, you should really check out Jon Stewart's counter-attack on Bill O'Reilly here, and look for "secular central". It really is awesome.

No comments: