Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I Feel Old

Young Co-worker: I miss the pop culture of the 1990s.

Me: (Incredulously) What coud you possibly miss about the 1990s?

YCW: You know, the bad songs, the crappy dances. It was great!

Me: You don't miss the 90s, you miss high school.

YCW: That's impossible. I only started high school in 2000.

Me: I think my hip just broke. And get off my lawn!

Update: Mike sez in comments "I hope I die soon, I don't want to see Bell Bottoms come in to fashion for a third time."

See, I hoped to die before I heard the words "The New Kids on the Block are brilliant." Unfortunately, that happened in the above conversation as well.

I expect frogs falling from the sky any minute now.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Oh yeah, been there done that - from about 5 years ago:

Me: I hear they are making a Charlies Angels movie..

Co-Worker: Yeah, I wonder who will play Bosley..

Co-Op Student: Who are Charlies Angels?

Us: A TV show that was on back in the 70's, a classic

Co-Op Student: I was born in 1982

Me: What was the first Albumn you ever bought (to co-Worker)?

Co-Worker: Oh man, Back in Black - ACDC rocks....

Co-Op Student: Albumns? Were those the things before CDs? I think my parents had some....

It went down hill from there...

I hope I die soon, I don't want to see Bell Bottoms come in to fashion for a third time.