Monday, July 18, 2005

Some Bizarre Headlines

Good thing I've had my pot of tea - otherwise I might be confused:
  • Harry Potter spells money for Rowling. Seriously, that's the headline. All this time, I thought it was a charity...
  • China to send pig sperm to space. Yep. You read that right.
  • Jewish settler seeks to become Palestinian. I'm not sure if he can convert... okay, this is actually a neat story. "Jewish settler Avi Farhan, determined not to give up his home overlooking the sea when Israel quits the occupied Gaza Strip, is looking into becoming a Palestinian.

    "I have met with Palestinians. I am willing to be a test case for peace and take up Palestinian citizenship," Farhan told Reuters. "It will hurt me to give up my Israeli citizenship, but I want to remain here." There was this episode of Star Trek where a bunch of Native Americans agreed to live with Cardassians...

No comments: