Thursday, April 14, 2005

Useful Election Tips

Well, it looks more and more likely that we'll have an election here in Canada. In preparation, I've taken this quiz, which asks you a bunch of questions and ranks your party preferences. My score: Liberal Democrat.

Sorry, did I forget to mention it's a poll for the British election?

Your outcome:



Labour -14
Conservative -59
Liberal Democrat 92
UK Independence Party -4
Green 65


The LibDems take a strong stand against tax cuts and a strong one in favour of public services: they would make long-term residential care for the elderly free across the UK, and scrap university tuition fees. They are in favour of a ban on smoking in public places, but would relax laws on cannabis. They propose to change vehicle taxation to be based on usage rather than ownership.

I'm shocked, shocked to learn that I'm as antagonistic to the British tories as I am to the Canadian Conservatives. (Who, by the way, I refuse to dignify with the respectable name "Tory.")

Alright, so it's not that useful.

No comments: