Saturday, March 19, 2005

Miscellaneous Tech Support

I've created a new email account in hopes of adding a contact link to the blog. However, two problems remain.
  • One, I can't get thunderbird to connect to the new account. I suspect it's because Thunderbird doesn't yet have the password, but for the life of me I can't find a password field. Nor does Tb ask for a password. It just says "Failed to connect." Any fellow Thunderbird users out there willing to help?
  • Second, and a bit more of a deal-breaker, is I have no intention of putting a hot link to the email account on this page, as I've managed to go without serious spam issues thus far in my life. Suggestions on how to avoid the spambots?
Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Thunderbird is fixed. Still need a spam prophylactic.

No comments: