Monday, December 13, 2004

Jeez, I go away for a few hours...

And so many interesting things happen.
  • Uma Thurman and Scarlett Johanssen both nominated for Best Actress at the Golden Globes (and how delicious the name of that award is today!) My inner male is torn between two beautiful women. What to do, what to do.
  • Evil Bastard and former dictator Augusto Pinochet has been found competent to stand trial. This is really wonderful news. I don't like the death penalty, but Pinochet is on my permanent exception list. I don't expect anyone in the future to be writing poetry about "First they came for the ex-dictators, but I said nothing because I wasn't Manuel Noriega."
  • The Pentagon announces that the Iraq war will require another $100 billion. But when John Kerry predicted exactly this, that was just crazy talk. Seriously, this is turning out to be the most expensive victory since the Brits "won" World War I.

No comments: