Christ. Prime Minister Stephen Harper for another few years. Some thoughts, with absolutely no guarantee that I didn't start drinking a couple of hours ago:
1) The Liberals, NDP, and Greens all failed to make the argument that Stephen Harper was disqualifyingly bad -- hard to do when he's the sitting Prime Minister, granted. Why the failure? Because Stephen Harper is not disqualifyingly bad. I didn't, and never would, vote for his party. But progressives lost the plot when we assumed everyone else saw Harper as badly as we did.
2) I just realized our two main choices were between an English Steve and a French Steve.
3) Could another 18 months of Liberal fratricide solve the problems that the previous 18 months of Liberal fratricide caused? Wait and find out!
4) Jack Layton keeps adding incrementally to the NDP caucus. At this rate, the NDP will be in majority territory by about 2050 or so. By which point Hudson's Bay will be one single, giant tar sands settling pond.
5) If you don't have to stifle even a small giggle when someone says the word "caucus", there's no hope for you.