Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The creeping menace of a global military threat

Oh God, I think I've gotten stupider just watching it. Mr. Farley posted a youtube clip of this ridiculous Cold War "documentary" about the devious Soviet plan to win the Cold War with a pre-emptive nuclear strike. You can watch the whole thing (1, 2, 3, 4) but I seriously wouldn't recommend it -- the blood started leaking from my eyeballs about 20 minutes in.

What's striking is the logic at work -- no different from usual Cold War logic, but still: we know that the Soviets have a devious plan for world domination, because they spend more on their military than the rest of the free world combined. And what is their devious plan? To contain China, to split America from it's European allies, and to expand their power in the Persian Gulf to ensure energy supplies.

I may be a Liberal Fascist, but I'm beginning to think Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney have been Soviet moles operating on autopilot for the last several decades.

No comments: