- An industrial-scale carbon-dioxide sponge. Once we actually stop emitting CO2, there remains the issue of reversing the already-extant problem. This might help.
- Glucose-based plastics take a step forwards.
- Microwave-based technique turns plastics back in to oil.
- Floating wind turbines. Opens up much larger areas of the sea to build wind farms on, out of sight from Nimbyite Kennedys.
- Nissan working on all-electric car for 2010?
Humanity is sane, and can make use of its intelligence. We have to act as if this is true. That's the whole story of the 21st century: Are we a sane civilization or not?Indeed. To rephrase it a bit more cruelly, the question is whether or not we're too stupid to continue living.