Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I don't have the stength of will to resist

I read this story yesterday, and something - maybe you'll notice it too - stuck out to me, but I thought it was nothing and let it pass.
After she became pregnant by a man who is now in jail, her parents allegedly resorted to extreme tactics: Police say they tied her up with rope, gagged her with duct tape, and put her in the family Lexus and drove her across state lines, intent on forcing her to have an abortion.

The parents -- prominent Portland, Maine, property owners Nicolas KAMPF, 54, and Lola KAMPF, 53 -- were arrested Friday at a strip mall in Salem, N.H., after their daughter escaped and called police.
I figured I was being silly, so I let it pass and moved on. Then today, I read this:
SALEM, New Hampshire (AP) -- A Maine couple accused of tying up their 19-year-old daughter, throwing her in their car and driving her out of state to get an abortion were upset because the baby's father is black, a Maine sheriff said Tuesday.
Uh-huh. Kampfy kampf kampf. Where have I heard that before. Oh yeah...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean - you mean - you mean - the parents said, addressing their daughter by her last name:

"This is not Mine, Kampf."