Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Color me shocked

Okay, given the prominence that N'Sync had during my high school years, I was really tempted to write something snarky like "One down, four to go" when I heard that Lance Bass had come out of the closet. Largely because of the countless number of girls who were certain that there were no five men in America more heterosexual than the guys of N'Sync.

But two things have checked my snark valve: First, Bass is apparently a southern Baptist, and this might not be easy for his family relations.

Secondly was this quote from People:
"The thing is, I'm not ashamed; that's the one thing I want to say," he explains of his decision to come out. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."
Maybe, just maybe, that will enlighten a few people. So tonight I raise a glass to Lance Bass, perhaps the shittiest gay musician in history.

1 comment:

Michael Fox said...

You're right - Lance Bass coming out of the closet is funny. As if anyone ever doubted that he was gay.

Any "Lance" coming out of the closet is non-news...

Who's going to "come out" next? Bill Graham?