Just to review, in the wake of Tricky Dick's 18-Hour Gap:There's more. Check it out.
* There is no reason a hunter should be expected to know what he is shooting.
* If you are shot by the vice president, it is your own fault for not first shouting, "Mister vice president, sir! Please do not shoot me in the face, neck, and torso!"
* Being wounded in the face, neck, and torso by a shotgun is something that happens to hunters all the time.
* Shotgun wounds are inherently minor.
* People also go into intensive care with minor wounds all the time.
* There is no reason to worry about a 78-year old man who has been shot in the face, neck, and torso and has been in intensive care for days.
* A 78-year-old man who has been shot in the face, neck, and torso is obviously healthy if his eyes are open and he is able to speak.
* It is perfectly respectable to kill animals not because you need to put food on the table, but for fun. It is good that our leaders take pleasure in killing.