Friday, January 20, 2006

Because I'm in a Nerd Competition

Blogging has been slow because I've been assimilated in to the legions of Battlestar Galactica fans, among other things. Turns out, the show is actually very good, especially if you liked Babylon 5.

However, one of the stars irritated a pet peeve of mine, in an interview I read today. Katee Sackhoff, who plays Starbuck:
I'll meet people who haven't watched the show purely because it's on Sci Fi. I'm like, you've gotta be kidding me. It's not really science fiction.
And I'm like, you've gotta be kidding me. It really is science fiction. It has spaceships, robots, and a freaking mad scientist. If it isn't SF, than nothing is.

Not to mention that BSG runs on the Sci-fi network in the US, and the Space channel in Canada.

Nerds of the world! Stop hiding your shame!

No comments: