Friday, December 09, 2005

You're Kidding, Right?

Paul Martin sez:
"To the reticent nations, including the United States, I say there is such a thing as a global conscience, and now is the time to listen to it,"
And the White House responds with this:
Prime Minister Paul Martin's comments on U.S. environmental policy prompted a furious Bush administration official to demand a meeting with Canadian ambassador Frank McKenna, U.S. sources say.
Seriously? Martin's mealy-mouthed, mildest-possible complaint about the US despoiling the planet got them all upset? See, if I'd been PM I'd have said something like this:
"To the reticent nations, including the United States, I say there is such a thing as a global climate change, and you're causing it. Stop ruining the planet, you greedy bastards."
I imagine that would've got the missiles flying.

No comments: