Thursday, November 17, 2005

Pardon me?

Keep a sharp eye on fresh developments in both Canada and Cuba, two countries with rogue, corrupt and repressive regimes that don't know when to cut their losses and leave town.
I.... I... I. The Hell? I don't even know what to say. I honestly thought that Conservatives had left the Communist aspersions against Liberal Prime Ministers back in the 1960s, when they were already old, not to mention slanderous.

Some might not remember that the CIA and FBI once considered Lester B. Pearson (the man who brought us national healthcare, so watch your mouth!) to be a Communist sympathiser. Well, they did (briefly) and some wingnuts still think he "sold us out", whatever the hell that might mean.

But that was the only time I heard anything like the above.

Meanwhile, between the US and Canada, only one country has trouble passing laws against torture, so I'd be careful who I call "repressive" or "rogue."

PS - we get pot and gay marriage, too. Live with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warning: reading Michelle Malkin or anyone who posts on Townhall may cause headaches, nausea, retinal and cerebral haemorrhaging, rash, severe dizziness, catastrophic reality desynchronization, insomnia, hair loss, uncontrollable screaming, bloating, nervous ticks, quantum decoherence, erectile dysfuntion, seizures, weight gain, aural or visual hallucinations, numbness, or cranial implosion. In case of above symptoms, discontinue use and consult physician.

Anonymous said...

I'm suddenly reminded of an old Rick Mercer rant regarding Canadian trade with Cube, wherein he suggested we should united with them to form "Canuba" for the sole purpose of pissing off Americans; if they complain, we tell them "We've got you surrounded!"