Monday, April 11, 2005

I've Officially Paid Too Much Attention To This Article

Bush apparently has someone who fills his iPod. Dude can't work a Mac on his own, and he's got his finger on the button? We are so screwed.

I loved this quote, near the end:
Mr. Jones, Mr. Levy said, was nonetheless an interesting choice. "George Jones is the greatest living singer in country music and a recovering alcoholic who often sings about heartbreak and drinking," he said. "It tells you that the president knows a thing or two about country music and is serious about his love of country music."
He sings about heartbreak and drinking, and this signals that the President knows about country music?

Turn to the country station in your market, right now. (Admit it - you know where it is.)

The odds are even that, right now, the song being played is about either a) heartbreak or b) drinking. Can the New York Times write a piece about how much I know about country music?

But most horrifying was this:
He has selections by Van Morrison, whose "Brown Eyed Girl" is a Bush favorite, and by John Fogerty, most predictably "Centerfield," which was played at Texas Rangers games when Mr. Bush was an owner and is still played at ballparks all over America. ("Oh, put me in coach, I'm ready to play today.")
Sadly, I too have these songs on my hard drive. How will I ever listen to them again? God, the horror!

Even worse, Bush only has 250 or so songs on his iPod. Shit, take that thing away from him, and give it to someone who'll put it to good use. Like me. Dumbass hick.

No comments: