Friday, March 18, 2005

Sheer Brilliance

I love Canada more and more:
WINNIPEG - A teacher in a central Manitoba town has sparked controversy by forcing students accused of bullying to wear hockey helmets bearing the slogans "loser" and "I'm stupid: I bully."
Okay, if CBC is going to use the qualifier "accused" in the first paragraph, they might not want to write this in the second:
The students, who didn't deny they harassed another boy, were also subjected to jibes from other children during a role-playing exercise at Langruth Elementary School.
Of course, the whiny fucking parents come out in force:
"I'm not saying my kid's a saint and if there's discipline in school, discipline the kid. But don't humiliate the kid in front of the rest of the students," said Anthony Strong, whose son was among those punished.
I agree. Humiliate them in front of the entire town. Bring folks in from far and wide. Sell tickets!
Jackie Sutherland said her 10-year-old son, who was also disciplined, sometimes pokes fun at other children but isn't a bully. "This particular role-play, I believe, was a little too extreme ... They were forced into being ridiculed by the whole school," she said.
Oh yes, because it's terrible for a child to be held up to ridicule, like, say, when they're being bullied you idiot. I keep thinking of the Family Guy seen of the prison convict who, after stabbing himself with a knife, says "Oh my god! This is what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"

As far as I'm concerned, let the little bastards be humiliated. It's a distant second to the lash, but that lousy Supreme Court keeps thwarting me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For your concern, you idiot, that is not the case at all;The whole story has not been told.For one thing the kid crying bully, is a big bully himself, but because he is the teacher's pet,he got away crying wolf.
The teacheer wasn't even present in the classroom to know what the hell happened.
Nor did she investigate to see what happened. So I wish the puplic would just piss-off with their opinions!
One of the winey fucking parents.