Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I Should Stop Blaming Bill Hicks For Everything

Why is it that when I read this
"More than half of British people have no idea why Easter is celebrated, a survey revealed. Just 48 percent of some 1,000 adults questioned for the Reader's Digest Magazine poll correctly answered the resurrection of Christ.
I think of this?
"I've been traveling a lot lately. I was over in Australia during Easter. It was interesting to note they celebrate Easter the same way we do commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit . . . left chocolate eggs in the night. Gee, I wonder why we're so messed up as a race. You know, I've read the Bible. Can't find the words "bunny" or "chocolate" in the whole book. I think it's interesting how people act on their beliefs. A lot of Christians, for instance, wear crosses around their necks. Nice sentiment, but do you think when Jesus comes back, he's really going to want to look at a cross? Ow! Maybe that's why he hasn't shown up vet. (As Jesus looking; down from Heaven) "I m not going, Dad. No, they're still wearing crosses - they've totally missed the point. when they start wearing fishes, I might go back again.... No, I m not going.... O.K., I'll tell you what - I'll go back as a bunny."

No comments: