Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I Have A Dream

You know who I want to see in front of the Gomery Inquiry?

Brian Mulroney.

By all means, let's investigate the Liberals and the corruption under their watch. But let's not forget what made the advertising for the Feds necessary. After a decade under Mulroney's 'leadership', Canada had double-digit unemployment and the heart of the country had one foot out the door.

Separatism, by the way, owes more to Mulroney than any visiting French President. Lucien Bouchard was a Tory in Mulroney's cabinet, and most of the initial members of the BQ were Tories. Mulroney explicitly courted separatists in order to gain his majorities in Parliament, largely because of his ideological favour for a smaller government. What we nearly got was a smaller country.

So I want to see Mulroney in court one day, having to answer for his crimes against the Canadian people. If the good name of Quebec Nationalism hasn't been totally ruined by Parizeau's open mike where he blamed blacks and Jews (what do you think he meant by “ethnics and the money vote”?), we might have to look forward to a repeat. If Chretien had to take the stand for a few hours over $100 mil, than Mulroney should get a few days at the mike, don't you think?

2 comments:

Fag Fucker said...

While we're on the Gomery Inquiry... omigod Jean Chretien has gigantic balls. I know it has become fashionable to say this now, after the golf ball stunt and all, but man (also I've been saying this for years). Despite all of his many, many flaws I still am forced to grudgingly respect the man.

I think the perfect Chretien quote that encapsulates my feelings was in a press conference shortly after the 1997 BC APEC summit when the RCMP gratuitously pepper sprayed (among other things) all those protesters. When asked about the incident and whether the cops were acting on orders from the PMO, he replied: "Pepper, oh I use it on my salad." [insert grinding gesture] Yeah, it's a disgusting disregard for free speach and the right to protest, but what huge balls!

Anonymous said...

John- I love you! When Chretien pulled that golf ball out and i'd'ed it as from the Gomery, Roy et al law firm he said the M-word too. For a moment I had the same dream you describe: Mulroney sweating at the mic with a Nixon shadow on his upper lip and just a little tremble in his best Star Wars voice. If we are living in another country when that happens, my husband and I have pledged to return to Canada just to watch that.