Thursday, January 06, 2005

This is what it sounds like...

WHEN MY HEAD EXPLODES FROM RAGE!!!!!

Tom Friedman, or, as some of you may know him, Mr. "Never Saw An Iraq War I Wouldn't Love", spent most of 2002-2003 arguing that the US should invade Iraq, and anyone who disagreed with him was obviously a communist and a homosexual. So, you can imagine I was wiping my frontal lobes off of my monitor when I read this in his latest column today:

We cannot liberate Iraq, and never could. Only Iraqis can liberate themselves, by first forging a social contract for sharing power and then having the will to go out and defend that compact against the minorities who will try to resist it. [emphasis mine]
OH MY GOD!!! It would have been fucking great, I mean absolutely amazing if someone has said this two years ago. Oh wait, a bunch of people did. Problem was, almost none of them had a column for the New York Times. God bless that liberal media. Fuckers.

No comments: